We are pleased to be offering a timely series of four specially designed and highly practical virtual career workshops this coming January 2022. Each of these four workshops addresses a distinct and critical element of “Mounting an Effective Job Search” as highlighted below. This series has been designed expressly for Wharton Club members who have recently begun, are beginning, or anticipating job searches in the next 6 months. January sessions have been sold out. We limit the size to 15 to allow for the session to be interactive and get valuable feedback from Chris Nadherny. If we added more sessions, would you like to participate? If yes, please fill-out the Waitlist Request Form. Waitlist registrants will get priority for the next round of sessions.
These workshops are an extraordinary value. An executive coach typically costs anywhere in the $250-$400 per hour range. A complete program with a transition/outplacement firm typically cost in the $15,000-$25,000 range.
“Mounting an Effective Job Search” – January Series
The sessions are designed to provide critical insights and guidance across the following four areas:
- Creating an attention-getting and memorable value proposition/elevator pitch - Sold Out
Register for Jan 5 @ 7 pm
- Crafting a compelling and differentiated resume - Sold Out
Register for Jan 12 @ 7 pm
- Structuring, launching, and staying organized in your job search campaign - Sold out
Register for Jan 19 @ 7 pm
- Understanding how to interview effectively in different situations including – virtual and face-to-face, informational, executive recruiter, and hiring company interviews - Sold out
Register for Jan 26 @ 7 pm
We have held both live and virtual career seminars over the past three years. Each prior series of seminars and workshops has been over-subscribed and we were not able to accommodate everyone wanting to attend. The January Workshop Series is unique in providing direct guidance for a more effective and efficient job search. We anticipate being over-subscribed again.
We have asked the prior the workshop leader, Chris Nadherny (WG ’79), whether he would be willing to design and offer this new workshop series to members at a point in time where many of us may be thinking about potential job transitions following the massive disruption of 2020. He has graciously agreed to donate his time in designing and leading the workshops over four successive Tuesdays evenings. We are extremely fortunate to again be working with Chris.
For those who do not know Chris, he is a leading career coach for senior executives. Previously, Chris spent 30 years with Spencer Stuart, a global leader in executive search. During this time, he conducted over 750 search assignments across a full range of functional and general management leadership roles for global public companies, midcap firms, and private equity portfolio businesses. He has formally interviewed, assessed, positioned, and presented more than 5,000 senior executives and helped guide the careers of many of these individuals. He brings to us an invaluable understanding of how successful transitions and careers are navigated.
In addition to running his own coaching and transition services firm, Nadherny & Associates, Chris is also an Executive Advisor and Coaching Mentor with Crenshaw Associates, a leading national coaching and transition services firm for senior executives, headquartered out of NYC. Additionally, Chris is the author of THE PROACTIVE EXECUTIVE, an Amazon “Five-Star Rated” career reference book providing practical guidance for achieving greater career success – exhibited through swifter advancement, enhanced job satisfaction, and greater lifetime compensation.
Note, all the sessions have been sold out due to popular demand. More detailed information about the content is provided directly below:
Session I – Identifying and Defining Your Market-based Value Proposition (Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 7:00 – 8:00 pm Central Time)
- The central role of a well-articulated value proposition
- How to craft a compelling value proposition
- Examples of effectively-crafted value propositions
- Participants craft and share their value propositions for review and comment
- Key elements of compelling resumes
- “Buyer” versus “Seller” mindset
- Review of existing participant resumes
- Example of a compelling, well-crafted resume
- Participants create/edit resumes (1/12 – 1/19)
Session III – How to Structure, Launch & Organize a Successful Campaign (Tuesday, January 19th, 7:00 – 8:00 pm, Central Time)
- The 3 legs of your campaign – professional contacts, recruiters, target companies
- Effective cover letters
- How to stay organized – “Networking Excel Organizer”
- How to transition industries successfully
- Distinguishing between different types of interviews (i.e. informational, research associate in search firm, executive recruiters, internal recruiters, hiring executives)
- Interview preparation
- Giving great “virtual” interviews
- List of favorite interview questions
- Live mock interviewing exercises
Virtual - Zoom (details will be sent prior to the events)
- $20 per session for Club members
- $35 per session for non-members
Want to become a Member? Click here to Join the Club! Members get discounted prices on most events and will pay for itself with the Mounting an Effective Job Search series.