Career by Nick Youngson CC BY-SA 3.0 Alpha Stock Images
Career development is a lifelong process. Whether you’re looking for a job, looking to recruit and hire, or looking for ways to enhance professional and personal development, Wharton has much to offer on your path to professional success.
Penn Career Services and Wharton MBA Career Management provide Wharton alumni with a wide array of valuable resources and information during every stage of the job search, including resume and cover letter assistance, interview guides, research information, and networking opportunities.
Are you experiencing career challenges, a job transition, or uncertainty about how to get to the next level? Penn Career Services and Wharton offer substantial career guidance and resources at both a national and local level through the Wharton Club of Chicago. These resources and programs provide Wharton alumni with the guidance and insight needed during every stage of the job search and career. As a Wharton Chicago Club member, you have access to an expanded array of local career management resources, tools, and offerings including:
- Wharton Ambassadors Program - Aid in connecting people with specific companies
- Mentoring Program - Aid alumni with their career transition
- “How to Optimize Your Career” – Large Group Seminars (25 participants) and Small Group (8-10 participants) Intensive Workshops. These popular programs are designed and proven to lead to greater job satisfaction, more certain career advancement, and enhanced compensation (check the calendar for the next seminar).
- INSIGHTS – Quarterly Career Management Presentations & Discussion
- EPAM Self Diagnostic (Executive Profile Attractiveness Metric) – A diagnostic designed to help you understand your attractiveness in today’s job market, where your profile is strong as well as needing development.
- Free professional resume review and critique.
- Local networking events and senior executive luncheons/dinners.
Job Search Tools
Online job boards allow you to identify and apply for job opportunities. You can also set up search agents to alert you when new jobs that meet your specified criteria are posted to the system.
BlueSteps.com is a premier career management service for senior-level executives. Penn and Wharton have partnered with BlueSteps to provide you with a 30% discount on all lifetime BlueSteps memberships.
Are you seeking Wharton or Penn talent for a position? Find out how you can engage with current students, sign up for on-campus recruiting and much more.
Post a Job
If you or your company have internship, full-time, or advanced level hiring needs, be sure to visit the MBA Career Management Recruiting site to leverage resources such as the Wharton MBA Job Board, where you can advertise positions to 1600+ current Wharton students and thousands of alumni who subscribe, and the Wharton MBA and Alumni Resume Books.
Employers can post a job or internship that is targeted to Penn students and alumni for free through PennLink.