A Note from the President…
Welcome to the Wharton Club of Chicago! We have recently upgraded our website, a wonderful new tool for communication and connection that we are looking forward to using to greater advantage in the coming year.
This last year has been a year of many positive changes: the Wharton Club of Chicago Members elected new Board members. The new Board, in turn, has reviewed and revised our Club by-laws, has surveyed members for valuable input, and has developed a new and improved approach to planning events and activities for the Club and all of its Members for the future.
As we move forward, we look forward to greater activity and connection with more of our Chicago area alumni. In response to what we heard from our Members, we are actively seeking more involvement…and your involvement. We are looking for Members to join with us to create more activities in the following areas:
- Northern Suburbs Events
- Western Suburbs Events
- Affinity Groups & Diversity Liaison (liaison with other Wharton groups – Wharton Healthcare, Wharton PE/VC, LGBT, Wharton Women, etc.)
- Co-Sponsored Events Liaison (Non-Wharton co-sponsors, such as Penn Club, plus other business schools and appropriate groups - e.g., CFA Society, Chicago Council on Foreign Affairs, Union League Club )
- Social Impact Annual Event
- Executive Dinner – 1 to 2 small “C” level, exclusive dinners per year
- Young Alumni Leader – liaison with graduates within 5 years of graduation, Summer Interns, New Admits and Prospective Admits
- Marquee Thought Leader Events
- Mentoring Program Leader
Let us know what you are interested in (or add to our list!) and how you would like to participate. Please reach out to me and our Board (email@example.com) with ideas, comments, and/or suggestions.
- Wharton people support Wharton people.
- Wharton people take the call from other Wharton people.
- We went to a great school and we continue to benefit from that school through our involvement and support of the school and each other.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to an exciting upcoming year, and I am here for any of your questions or concerns.
All the Best,
Cathryn P. Taylor, WG ‘87
President, Wharton Club of Chicago