Gift Donation and Wrapping for Community Alternatives Unlimited
Kellogg Executive Women's Network (KEWN) invites Wharton Club of Chicago to join them for KEWN’s 12th annual gift wrapping and networking brunch to benefit Community Alternatives Unlimited (CAU)! CAU is a private, non-profit organization that provides services to individuals with a wide range of disabilities, mental health needs and child welfare challenges.
For the past 11 years many have opened their hearts and helped us make the holidays special for children in need. Our event has grown each year, with more in attendance and more gifts wrapped. Seeing that giant pile of wrapped gifts, and later reading the thank you notes, is heartwarming!
Come to the brunch and help us wrap gifts…there is no charge to attend! We simply ask that you bring gifts(s) (as many as you would like!) for babies. To make things easier for everyone, CAU has provided a list of items that are most needed, and ask that you bring those items for wrapping:
1. Diapers (all sizes up to to 25 pounds). (Diapers may not be exciting, but they are very much needed and appreciated)
2. Diaper cream, baby wipes and wash, shampoo, etc.
3. Healthcare/grooming kits: Safety 1st or The First Years 17-piece or 25-piece kits. They may be found at Amazon, Walmart or Target.
4. Pack ‘n Plays (e.g., play yards)
5. Convertible car seats
6. Sleep sacks – above 12 pounds
7. Socks for infants
8. Baby board books for parents/siblings to read to baby
9. Gift cards for Target, Walmart, Kohl’s, Walgreens, Aldi’s, Mariano’s
10. Diaper bags filled with toiletries and other accessories. (This makes a really lovely all-inclusive gift)
CAU specifically requests that you do not bring food.
Friends and children (age appropriate) are welcome! Wrapping paper and supplies will be provided at the event.
Saturday, December 1, 2018
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Community Alternatives Unlimited,
8765 W Higgins Ave., 1st Floor, Chicago, IL 60631