Compass’ mission is to inspire the active engagement of business professionals with local nonprofits to transform communities.
Invitation to a Compass
Information Session & Happy Hour
Thursday, May 12, 2016
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Old Town Pour House
1419 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL
RSVP to Anne Hefter (by May 7th)
Please join us to learn about a new skills-based volunteering opportunity coming to the Chicago area. Compass has formed project teams of business professionals to work with local nonprofits for 15 years in Washington, DC, and for four years in Philadelphia. The pro bono strategic consulting projects run from September to May, with teams of eight business professionals working together to help nonprofits solve their most pressing challenges. Volunteers come from alumni business school clubs, consulting and law firms, and other businesses.
Compass Impact:Here is a sample of what Greater Washington nonprofits have received as a result of work completed by project teams last year:
- A collaborative of food recovery organizations has a plan for working together to better serve the community.
- An organization that promotes the physical, social, and emotional well-being of underserved youth has a strategy to increase sustainable funding.
- A nonprofit that provides affordable housing to low-income individuals with disabilities is strengthening its board member recruitment, involvement, and retention.
- A literacy-focused nonprofit has aligned its resources with its strategic plan to operate more efficiently.
- A local theatre company has a new marketing strategy designed to more effectively attract audiences and supporters.
- A nonprofit that improves the quality of life for older adults will be establishing a new system to increase its fundraising capacity.
More information can be found on the Compass Website.
DATE: Thursday, May 12th
TIME: from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
LOCATION: Old Town Our House, 1419 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL
COSTS: Information session is free. Light refreshments will be served. Cash bar available
RESERVATION DEADLINE: RSVP to Anne Hefter: email@example.com by Saturday, May 7th
PARKING: Street and valet parking are available
This event is not sponsored by the Wharton Club of Chicago
however, it does provide our alumni with an opportunity to contribute back to our community.
Additionally, Anne Hefter, Compass Director of Development, is a Wharton Alum (’93).