These two highly practical and content-packed online workshops will provide you with a critical understanding of how to manage the two most important determinants of successful career management:
1. How to build a compelling and differentiated and impactful professional profile, and,
2. How to access and secure the right job opportunities throughout your career.
The result is a stronger and more resilient career that produces swifter advancement, greater job satisfaction, and substantially enhanced earnings potential. We encourage you to sign-up early for this series of workshops as participation is limited to the first 16 registrants to provide a more personalized and interactive experience. Please note that the content of the second workshop builds on the content of the first.
Saturday, November 5 (Workshop I) - register on this page for this or both workshops
Saturday, November 12 (Workshop II) - register on Nov 12 page
TIME: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 pm Central Time
Club Members: $50 per Workshop / $100 for both
Non-Club Members: $75 per Workshop / $150 for both
Navigating today’s rapidly changing business, economic and job markets requires a proactive, strategic, and highly actionable approach to career management. The Wharton Club of Chicago has developed these workshops in response to alumni requests for assistance in navigating their careers through previously unseen levels of volatility and continued uncertainties resulting from ongoing repercussions of Covid/work-from-home, supply chain disruption, geopolitics, rampant inflation, and rapid advances in technology. Each of the two distinct workshops (see detail below) runs about two hours including content delivery, exercises, discussion, and Q&A.
The moderator of these workshops is Chris Nadherny, a former 30-year executive search consultant and Senior Partner with Spencer Stuart, the leading global executive search firm. During this timeframe Chris led almost 800 senior executive search assignments across multiple industry sectors. He is a noted author (The Proactive Executive – Amazon “5-Star” reader ratings) and respected executive coach who has worked closely with 120 senior business professionals over the last four years. He provides one-on-one coaching through his firm, Nadherny & Associates, and as an Executive Mentor with Crenshaw & Associates, headquartered in New York City.
Session I – Building a Strong “Professional Profile”
- The Key Components of Your Professional Profile
- How Strong is Your Profile?
- Career Management – An Actionable Framework
- “Positioning” Relative to Talent Supply & Demand
- Defining Your Value Proposition
- Crafting a Compelling Resume
Session II – Accessing and Securing “Opportunities”
- Networking – professional contacts, recruiters, target companies, job postings
- Effective cover letters
- Staying organized – “Excel “Networking Organizer”
- Industry transitions – risk and reward
- Favorite interview questions
- Distinguishing between different types of interviews
- Mock interviewing exercise
- Effective Onboarding